When you make a planned gift to the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri, (JLKC), it represents a deep personal commitment to the continued success of the League’s mission to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration and training. While these gifts often honor or memorialize loved ones, they also provide an investment in the League’s future and leave a lasting legacy for the future membership of the League and the community.
This site provides information that will allow you to further the work of the JLKC in a way that is consistent with your own financial goals.
Forms and Contact
Oglebay Society Form
If you are ready to leave a legacy with the Junior League of Kansas City, Missouri, download the Oglebay Society Letter of Intent for you to provide to your attorney. Once completed, you may mail, fax or email to JLKCMO Headquarters.
If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHARITABLE PLANNING OPTIONS
- Cash or Securities: Cash gifts and securities are deductible on an individual’s income tax filing. Please contact your CPA for more details. JLKC can accept gifts of publicly traded stocks, bonds or ETFs. Please contact us for the relevant transfer details.
- Personal Property: Such gifts might be jewelry, antiques, artwork, or other tangible personal property.
Donors making an estate gift are recognized as members of the Oglebay Society. Mary Oglebay (later Mary Oglebay Neal) was a founding member of our organization and also became its first president, serving two leadership terms. Named in her honor, the Oglebay Society continues the founders’ legacy of foresight and planning, both necessary as ever to assure ongoing community impact.
There are a number of planned giving options to include the League of Kansas City, Missouri, in your estate plans. Some of these include:
- Will or Codicil Bequest: A bequest in your will can be used to leave any of the above outright gifts to JLKC or to establish a planned contribution.
- Charitable Gift Annuity: It is possible to make a donation of cash or securities to establish a Charitable Gift Annuity to provide you or another individual with guaranteed, partially tax-free income for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trust: A Charitable Remainder Trust provides an individual with income for either life or a term up to 20 years from the date the gift is made. When the trust terminates, JLKC receives the trust’s principal.
- Charitable Lead Trust: A Charitable Lead Trust provides JLKC with a steady income for a term of years or the life of an individual. When the trust terminates, the donor’s designated heirs will receive the trust’s appreciated principal.
- Life Insurance: There are several ways to use life insurance to make a donation to the League. JLKC can be named as a beneficiary to an existing policy or a new policy can be established.
- Retirement Assets: The combination of federal income, estate and excise taxes can seriously erode the value of retirement savings. Naming JLKC as a beneficiary of these assets can save your estate and heirs both income tax and federal estate taxes.