The Community Endowment Committee assesses community needs and initiates Community Impact Projects and Community Grants in response to significant events and urgent, critical needs within the five-county Kansas City metropolitan area. These events or needs can vary and can be anything from a center that lost its air conditioning or a food kitchen that had a refrigerator break to unbudgeted expenses or sudden loss of funding. When these unexpected events or needs arise, we aim to support other local nonprofits so they may continue their critical mission.
Assistance can include the distribution of monetary grants to the emergency through our Community Endowment Fund (up to $7,500) or support through drives and collections.
Applications are received throughout the year.
- Applications are received throughout the year.
- Available to nonprofit agencies that address critical human needs in the five-county Kansas City metro area that have an emergency short-term need.
- Grants are awarded in increments up to $7,500.
- Agencies are only eligible to receive up to $7,500 in one year.
- Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis and based on availability of funds.
- Click here to complete and submit the application.
- Email the following documentation from your agency to complete the request:
- IRS 501(c)(3) tax exempt status letter
- Current income statement
- Fiscal year-end balance sheet and income statement
- Program budget with revenues and expenses by line item
Supporting documents should be emailed to [email protected]. Please provide your agency’s name in the subject line of the email.